Thursday, September 23, 2010

Moon Festival 2010

So the time of the Moon Festival just recently passed.  The Moon Festival is the celebration of the brightest full moon of the year.  Every year the Vietnamese community puts together a festival to celebrate this ethnic holiday, and my friends and I are asked to perform a routine as part of the entertainment.  Although there are always many technical difficulties that occur when we perform every year, we still love dancing; whenever an opportunity to perform is thrown at us, we always take it. 

Within the last year, I have met many great dancers in Utah's scene.  I feel as though I have grown within these past few months as a dancer than I have through out my entire life.  Although I know I have a long road to go on my dancing and choreographing journey, I can see that I have made definite improvements from my past, and I always excites me how much I have learned and how much more is stored for the future. 

We only had 3 days to practice for this dance because of such a short notice from the committee, so it's not the tighest we could be.  Hope you all enjoy! :]

Song: Give it to me Baby (Rick James)

No comments:

Post a Comment