Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Evolution V

I just recently came back from New York/New Jersey about an hour ago, and once again, the east coast never ceases to inspire me.  I mainly went for major Breaking Event called Evolution 5.  The best of the best BBoys and BGirls from all around the world came together to compete in this joyous event.  Even though everyone did not know each other's languages, it was beautiful to see people from different countries interacting with each other through the language of dance.  New friends were made, new inspirations were created. 

It was my first ever major battle out of Utah, and it definitely had an entirely different feel compared to Utah's battles.  For one, the scene is a lot bigger outside of Utah, and people from all around the world were competing.  The dancers were doing moves I would never have imagined possible.  In the finale, it ended up being Maximum crew (Korea) vs. Found Nation (Japan).  It was a very intense and close battle, but Maximum ended up taking the win! The winners get to fly to France to compete in another major battle.

It was definitely a great opportunity I was able to witness, and I am so motivated to practice even harder!  I want to be able to cypher with the rest of the amazing dancers out there in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment