Friday, November 19, 2010

Dali- Recreated

Hello!

So recently in my drawing class, we were asked to choose a famous piece of artwork, recreate it, and change something about it.  So I chose Salvador Dali's "Persistence of Time" piece and made my own version called "Persistence of Hunger".

I had a lot of fun doing this.  It was interesting to draw a painting. 
My choice of medium were the pastel pencils.  I've grown really fond of these pastels ever since I've been introduced to them in the beginning of the semester.



Here's the original piece:

Constructive criticism welcomed!

3 comments:

  1. I laughed when i first saw this. I love the replacement of clocks with pizza, and your name for it. Too great. I am really impressed with how well it was done. Pastel pencils are such a fun medium, and you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is really great! I am glad you posted both the original as well as your own. It is very impressive to see how similar the two are- you are a great artist! You just started with pastels at the beginning of the semester? Wow, that makes this even more amazing!
    The pizza idea is awesome funny! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aside from a slight color difference in the sky (due to the pastel pencils I presume) and a few minor details on the biomorphic melting face (as well as the lightness/gradience of the shadows surrounding it), I think you did a good job! I actually saw this hanging in the hallway before you posted it here, and thought it a clever appropriation. Dali has always been my absolute favorite artist.

    ReplyDelete